Northwest District, St. Louis Council Society Of St. Vincent de Paul
The Northwest District includes 17 St. Vincent DePaul Conferences spread over three counties (St. Charles, Lincoln & Warren). Conferences are organized locally (usually with a Catholic Church), where Vincentians witness God's love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes, making no distinction in those served, because in them Vincentians see the face of Christ.
KEY DATES FOR DISTRICT VINCENTIANS
Walk for the Poor
September 20, 2014
Hosted by Immaculate Heart of Mary New Melle
October 4, 2014
Hosted by Assumption, O'Fallon, MO
October 15, 2014 7:00 PM
St. Cletus, St. Charles, MO
KEY LINKS FOR VINCENTIANS
Click here for a current calendar of upcoming events.
Two New Northwest District Conferences
St. Gianna, Wentzville
Immaculate Conception, Old Monroe
IN MEMORY OF NORTHWEST VINCENTIANS WHO HAVE DEPARTED THIS LIFE IN LAST 12 MONTHS
Dan Rubery, ICD, Aug. 21, 2013
Kay Powers, St. Charles Borromeo
Fran Rubery, ICD, Feb 14, 2013
Floyd Mahon, St. Roberts, May 1, 2013
May the perpetual light shine upon them.
Click here to read about how the St. Charles Borromeo School went orange in support of NO KID HUNGRY
DISTRICT INFORMATION AND NEWS:
1. For recommended changes to this website please contact Chris Smith at email@example.com
2. The St. Louis Council Office is in the throes of downsizing in order to reduce expenditures to meet revenue. The focus for the years to come will be on the 142 conferences and their needs. A recent survey was conducted in which only 50% of our District Conferences participated and the results will be the basis for the St. Louis Council in terms of time, energy and financial resources.
3. Veteran Affairs: Some recent resources to help if you have a Veteran or his or her family in distress. Mr. Armando DeLa Graza is the readjustment council at the Vet Center. Good knowledge of resources available and is familiar with our three counties.
4. Please support the St. Charles Thrift store in terms of volunteering time and also encourage your friends to visit and buy. Remember, there is a plus side of volunteering your time and that is you earn credits for your conference which will off set cost of purchasing items for clients. Also, profits help finance programs like Vinnie's Auto and Car Repair, RX, and District Funding. Call the new manger Laney Stout (636-946-1700).
5. VINNIE's Auto Program in the Northwest District has had much success in providing clients with cars. BUT, we need all Vincentians to talk with their parish and friends to stimulate donations. We have a list of six waiting; so please talk up the program. This the time of the year when folks are looking for tax deductions; please spread the word that SVDP is the only one doing car donations that has a primary focus of giving a car to a needy client.
6. Ozanam Orientation Training was held at ICD on March 9, 2013. Over 35 Vincentians attended from the NW District. Close to 150 of our District's Vincentians have attended our District Training efforts. Thank you to all who give of their time to make this training a reality and thank you to those who make the time available. Critiques sheets were specifically useful this time and will provide a basis for changing the cirriculum for the next session (Mar 2014).
7. St. Joachim and Ann has expanded their workforce development program to include felons who need documentation and special assistance. The workforce program coordinator is Vicki Johnson at 441+1302-x255.
8. Northwest District Bylaws were approved at our Meeting on April 10. 2012 and are attached under the tab above noted as "Secretary". As a note, the Northwest District Council was officially approved by our international office in Paris and that letter is also attached in the Secretary tag above.
9. Many conferences complain that they are not aware of resources available to help their clients. PLEASE click on the link above to the Community Council Resource guide. It has a wealth of information. But it does not have who has money to help this week. We must reley upon contacts and passing of information. Your District President tries to gather this type of information in the many community forums he attends; but would appreciate an email from Conferences in terms of success as a cross check.